Ray J. Haight
Mr. Ray Haight is second-generation trucker; his parents ran a small four truck fleet operation, which worked for a local shipper into the U.S. market. Ray Haight was a driver and Owner Operator for 10 years logging over one million accident free miles prior to starting his own company, which serviced long haul lanes with both dry van and refrigerated equipment.
In 1984 he started Southwestern Express Inc. based in London Ontario, which grew into a successful dry van and refrigerated 50-truck fleet. In 1990 MacKinnon Transport Ltd. was brought in as a partner and Southwestern Express moved from London to Guelph Ontario; in January of 2000 MacKinnon Transport Ltd. and Southwestern Express Inc. were amalgamated. Ray held the Position of President and COO until May of 2005; at that time MacKinnon Transport Inc. was a 275-truck fleet, warehousing and Logistics Company.
Ray has been involved with the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) since 1984, and proudly served as Chairman in 2009. Ray was honoured by TCA and the Professional Truck Driver Institute in 2008 for his service to the Industry and was awarded the Lee Crittenden Award
Currently, he resides in Lambeth, Ontario where in addition to being CEO of Carvan Holdings Inc and partner at StakUp Inc. OA, TCAinGauge he also finds time to lend his energies to many transportation industries related associations.
Personal, Professional and Corporate Accolades:
- Past Chairman of the Truckload Carriers Association
- Past Chairman of the PTDI Professional Truck Drivers Institute
- Past Chairman of NATMI North American Training and Management Institute
- Past Chairman of the Industry Committee for Apprenticeship; Commercial Tractor Trailer Driver appointed by The Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities
- Member in good standing of the Ontario Trucking Association and the Canadian Trucking Alliance.
- Past Chairman of the Recruitment and Retention Human Relations Committee of the Truckload Carriers Association
- Alumni of the UWO’s Ivey School of Business’s Quantum Shift Program
- Winning team member of the Top 50 Best Managed companies of Canada for 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- Winning team member of the Shipper’s Choice award for 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Winning team member of the Truckload Carriers Associations National Fleet Safety Award for 1999, 2001, and 2003.
- Winning team member of the Over the Road Canadian Retention Award for 2003
- Winner of the Lee Crittenden Award for service and dedication to the Professional Truck Drivers Institute
- Co-Founder StakUp Inc, an online transportation benchmarking service and the operating platform for the Truckload Carriers Association’s Profitability Program operating as TCAinGauge.
- Creator of the Driver Retention Masterclass, a focused educational series that has resulted in reduced driver turnover in many fleets in the trucking industry.
- Currently holds the position of Carrier Retention Coach an intracule part of Truckload Carriers Association’s Profitability Program